IT interacts with almost every other sector, so your IT qualifications can lead you anywhere.
Smollan is an international leading retail solutions company. With over 80 000 employees globally, we deliver growth for our clients by covering every aspect of how their brand is managed at the point of purchase. We invest in our people and their career growth, with competitive benefits offerings in the market. If you are looking for a fast-paced, robust and energetic work environment, where your career growth is in your own hands Smollan is the place for you.
Smollan is a top employer of choice.
Possible IT graduate career routes for you in Smollan include:
- Computer Programmer/ Software Developer - A popular route for many graduates; you will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of software systems for an organisation/client. Your programming languages and knowledge will be utilised due to the versatility of this role.
- Applications Developer - You will be responsible for writing the programming code for user software requirements. Through your knowledge of computer languages and development, you will plan, design and implement applications.
- IT Consultant - Through technology, you will resolve business problems for clients, advising on methods to improve company functionality.
- Software Tester/ Test Analyst - You will be responsible for insuring that all potential application errors are resolved before reaching the user. In-depth testing is carried out through assessing how the application could be used by a user, not how it should be used, to uncover all potential faults.
- Analyst - You will design IT solutions for clients to heighten business performance based around their existing models. You will be responsible for all elements of installation, testing and maintenance, working with the client to implement your proposed solutions.
- Service desk/ Technical Support - You will be responsible for installation and configuration of computer systems. Detecting hardware and software problems, and solving technical issues both over the phone and face to face to maintain an organisation's computer systems.
- Systems Administrator/ Network Engineer - You will be responsible for an organisation's communication networks, insuring that efficiency and performance are maintained for all users through providing your technical support.
- Database Administrator - You will be responsible for database management, including planning and development, maintenance, security, delivery and the implementation of accurate database content. You will ensure that all data is clear, efficient and accessible.
Qualifications and Skills Needed
- Relevant degree
- Problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn
- Up-to-date knowledge of technologies
- Good organisational and time management skills
- An ability to work to deadlines
- A good eye for detail
Please go have a look at our website and follow some of the links below!
Please send your professional profile to firstname.lastname@example.org